MyDesktop is a web based application and as such your data will be/is stored on a secure server to
enable it to be accessed by your staff at any location with internet access and at any time. Commerce
Australia Pty Ltd, as developer of the MyDesktop system, is committed to ensuring that your data is
secure and accessible only by those to whom you allow access. We recognise that the data that you
enter is your data and is a very valuable asset of your business and in storing your data on our servers,
we understand that you are trusting us with the obligation of protecting the data which is uniquely
yours. With respect to such data, we offer you the following guarantee which applies to data which you
enter and/or store on our servers and which is not capable of being otherwise sourced in the public
- Unless we are requested by you in writing or required to do so by law, we will not access any data
that you store on our servers.
- Unless we are requested by you in writing or required to do so by law, we will not enable any
person to access your data with the exception of persons to whom you have granted access via the
issuing to them of a valid password. However, you are responsible for the preservation of the integrity
of your passwords.
- You can, at any time, store a copy of your raw data on a server other than the servers housed at
Commerce Australia and/or print your database(s) in a hard copy form. The copying/backup of the
data to another server can be done by you at any time and Commerce Australia will assist where
- You can, at any time, transfer your data to another server and cancel your MyDesktop subscription.
Immediately after the effective date of termination, we will delete all of your data which is stored on
our servers with the exception of information relating to properties which have been previously sold
or withdrawn from sale.
- We will, at all times, hold two (2) backup copies of your data, one of which will be held on site and
the other securely stored off site. Data backups will be performed daily.
- We will do everything within our reasonable control to preserve the integrity and security of your
data stored on our servers.
Fairfax Media Limited. ABN 15 008 663 161
1 Darling Island Road, Pyrmont, Sydney, NSW 2009. 1800 500 864.